Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pasta, my love!

Yesterday I got a craving for pasta. With smoked chiken. Don't know where did this come from, but I had to follow my appetite.
As the weather is not so warm as I wish, I felt this dish has to be bit more rich, so the chicken got cream as a partner.
The green leaves and grass outside inspired me to add the same colour to my plate as well, so that explains the spinach and peas.
Champignons were feeling lonely in the fridge, so I set them together with the greens.
Onion.. you just have to have some onion in pasta. Estonian way of cooking, I guess.

Creamy Smoked chicken pasta with greens and some mushrooms
(for about 4)

One big smoked chicken thigh or other parts
Some (frozen) peas
Onion
Oil, butter
Some champignons
Pot of spinach (or frozen one)
Pasta (linguine for example)
Cream (as rich as you wish)
Salt, pepper

Cut the chicken meat in pieces. Peel, chop the onion. Rinse, cut the mushrooms.
Wash the spinach. Put the spinach in boiling water for some minutes. Then set aside, let cool, and chop roughly.
In the same water (seasoned with salt) boil the pasta, al dente. Add the frozen peas as well in the same water.
Heat the pan with some oil and butter. Cook the mushrooms and onion, then add chicken and spinach. Mix and stop the heat.
If pasta's ready, drain the excess water. Pour over with cream and set on moderate heat, while stirring, in order to thicken the cream. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well. If pasta is nicely creamy, stop the heat and serve.
Season and serve with parmesan, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment