Thursday, May 19, 2011

S like Salad in Spring

As this winter was way too looooong and I got really tired of it, I switched fresh salad to my menu already in February. Since then, I have changed the recipe slightly, and now it's time to share it.
Usually, a salad is not a very appetizing as it's associated with diet and does not really call for: yummy! But for this, I can say that even guys have appreciated it as it is more hearty and offers the same value as a meal.
You can (and should) always switch the ingredients, so that it will never get boring.

Silja's Spring Salad
(I will not be precise on quanities, as then there's room for spontaneity)

Different salads: iceberg, lettuce, lollo rosso, Roman, iceberg...
Rucola
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Carrot
Paprika (whatever the colour)
Roasted sunflower seeds
Linen seeds (optional)
Sprouts (luzern, bean...)
Feta cheese (makes it more creamy)
Tuna/ chicken/ crab.. (or keep it veggie)

Dressing:
Dijon mustard
1 part of vinegar
2 parts of olive oil
salt, pepper

Wash, cut, peel the vegetables. For carrot, you can either grate it, or use the paring knife for long thin pieces. (faster and you don't need to wash the grate later ;) )
Roast the sunflower seeds on a dry pan (or oven); let cool before serving.

For the dressing, I mix it in a jar, so I have enough for several servings- again, win time.

Mix all the ingredients together, add some creamy cheese, put some dressing, mix well.
Enjoy guilt-free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment